The Cluster Centre Online Development Programme with Ifor Ffowcs-Williams
This course will introduce the relevance of economic development centered on clusters. The course will set out the practicalities of supporting cluster development as a centre-stage strategy drawing on examples from Europe, Canada and Australia.
There are 4 webinar courses, which will be delivered over four weeks - 13th, 20th, 27th October & 3rd November. Each session is 1.5 hours long, and starts at 9.30 GMT. The fourth module will be tailored to meet the collective needs of the group.
The programme fee includes a personal copy of Ifor’s 240-page Cluster Development Handbook, which will be emailed in advance to all course participants. Chapters will be identified for prior reading during the week’s programme. Each session will be interactive, with Q&A.
Ifor Ffowcs-Williams, CEO, Cluster Navigators Ltd, is delivering this programme, along with national and international guests. Ifor is acknowledged as one of the most influential cluster practitioners in the world, with hands-on experience in fifty countries.
- Cluster Development - the What & the Why?
- Cluster Development in Practice - the How?
- Cluster Engagement - Joining the Dots
- Exploring Cluster Engagement
Effective cluster development requires close alignment. Interested participants are:
Industry - Cluster Leaders, Cluster Managers, Network Managers, Trade Associations, Industry Associations, IBEC, Irish Exporters Assoc, Innovation Organisations, Tech Ireland, Chambers Ireland & Chambers Network, Incubation Centre Managers
Policy Makers & Public Agencies - DBEI, NI Government, IDA, InterTradeIreland, Enterprise Ireland, Invest Northern Ireland, Regional Assemblies, Local Government, Trade Associations, Industry Associations, Skillnet Ireland, Údarás na Gaeltachta, Western Development Commission
Education, Research & Academia, Training - Institutes of Technology, Universities, Solas FET, Science Foundation Ireland, Irish Research Council, Regional Skills Forum
Social Economy - Funders, Community, Non-profits, Social Enterprise, Leader Organisation, Voluntary Organisations, Urban & Rural Networks
How can you benefit from this event?
- Build your understanding for Clustering
- Identify & prioritise regional clusters
- Co-resourcing cluster development
- The 'How-to' of Cluster analysis
- Agency alignment around a cluster’s agenda
- Cluster Ignition Teams & projects to upgrade competitiveness
- Linking clusters within the region, the island of Ireland & globally
- Measurement & evaluation
- Leadership role of business
- Co-design collaborative cluster projects
- Progress from silo firms to coopetition
- Simultaneous collaboration + competition
- Connect & network with Cluster practitioners & expertise
The top 5 objectives that will make your course a success:
- Build your understanding, knowledge & skills for Cluster implementation
- Discover the pathways for Cluster Development
- Network with cluster practitioners
- Implement a Fast Track for Cluster Development
- Learn about good cluster governance